To become a world leading network dedicated to supporting the biomedical imaging research community.
To deliver the next generation of discoveries and enhance excellence in biomedical imaging to benefit translational research and to increase Victoria’s global competitiveness in Australia’s priority health areas, through:
• Providing access to cutting-edge imaging equipment and world-class experts;
• Increasing knowledge by organising workshops and state-wide opportunities for skill development and knowledge transfer;
• Developing capability by linking imaging resources across research institutions;
• Encouraging multidisciplinary collaborations across research institutions to solve complex clinical or disease challenges;
• Promoting VBIC to the wider community via presence at national and international conferences;
• Developing human capital to support the applications of biomedical imaging modalities; and
• Pursuing additional investment in Victoria’s biomedical imaging human and capital infrastructure.